Let’s read a poem and study it together!
Not sure how to study a poem? Here are some ideas! Choose one or all of these:
- Read aloud and enjoy the poem
- Neatly write out your favorite stanza for handwriting practice or…
- Copy and paste the poem into your word processor and print it out
- Draw a picture about the poem
Circle or underline the alliterations!
- Read more about the author’s life
- Share with someone you love <3
Bear in There
There’s a polar bear
In our Frigidaire–
He likes it ’cause it’s cold in there.
With his seat in the meat
And his face in the fish
And his big hairy paws
In the buttery dish,
He’s nibbling the noodles,
He’s munching the rice,
He’s slurping the soda,
He’s licking the ice.
And he lets out a roar
If you open the door.
And it gives me a scare
To know he’s in there–
That polary bear
In our Fridgitydaire.
by Shel Silverstein
Hungry for more? Check out this week’s…
Poetry Activity (for kids, adults, and everyone in between): Alliteration Poem
Advanced Poetry Lesson: Ballads, (Week 1 of 2)